An event every month that begins at 3:30 pm on day Second of the month, repeating until Wednesday, November 30, 2022
At the heart of any strong city is an active arts and culture community. The Arts, Culture & Public Life Committee convenes both stakeholders and advocates for supporting and partnering with the arts to attract talent, maximize business innovation, advance an inclusive city, foster placemaking, and escalate community and economic development in Phoenix.
By connecting PCA Members to critical cultural assets, the Committee further positions and promotes Phoenix’s commitment to building an economically diverse, world-class city.
• Work with the City of Phoenix Planning & Development Department to develop language for an arts in private development amendment and policy update.
• Continue to articulate the significance of arts, culture and public life assets as part of Downtown Phoenix Inc.’s efforts to promote the economic development and competitive advantage of greater downtown Phoenix.
• Host a spring Creative City Symposium (or series).
• Advocate for proposed arts and culture funding allocations to be included in the city and state 2022 budgets for Phoenix Office of Arts & Culture and Arizona Commission on the Arts, and continue to support Coronavirus relief funding for arts and culture.
• Further define the meaning of public life and creative-placemaking in our community by engaging with representatives of other arts communities, for example, the Historic Preservation and Culinary arts communities.