Come to engage in this multi-faceted conversation about how we can Activate, Advocate, and Build the creative city we want!
The Creative City Symposium is a collaboration between PCA’s Arts, Culture & Public Life Committee, and other Committees whose initiatives contribute to the development of our creative city.
Featuring program host Catrina Kahler, President & CEO, Artlink Inc., and Committee Chair, PCA Arts, Culture & Public Life Committee, the symposium features remarks from Mitch Menchaca, Director, Office of Arts + Culture, City of Phoenix, students from Arizona School for the Arts, an afternoon of discussion about our creative city, and a delightful happy hour reception.
Creative City x Margaret T. Hance Park – Investing in the creation of public spaces for all
– Moderated by Leah Fregulia – Head of School/CEO, Arizona School for the Arts and Vice Chair, PCA Arts, Culture & Public Life Committee
– Devney Preuss – President & CEO, Downtown Phoenix Inc.
– Inger Erickson – Deputy City Manager, City of Phoenix
– Tim Sprague – Owner/Partner, Habitat Metro and Committee Chair, PCA Hance Park Fundraising Committee
– Larry Lazarus – Partner, Lazarus & Silvyn, P.C. and Committee Chair, PCA Hance Park Fundraising Committee
– Rick Naimark – Associate Vice President, Arizona State University and Executive Committee Member, Hance Park Conservancy
Creative City x Central City Planning & Development – Expanding private development practices that support our creative community
– Moderated by Kyle Jardine – Director, Development, Wexford Science + Technology
– Joshua Bednarek – Deputy Director, Planning & Development Department, City of Phoenix
– Adam Goodman – President, Goodmans Interior Structures
Creative City x Social & Housing Advancement – Celebrating existing and creating new affordable housing available to artists
– Moderated by Sheila Harris, Ph.D. – Committee Chair, PCA Social & Housing Advancement Committee
– Gina Montes – Deputy City Manager, City of Phoenix
– Brittany Butler – Board Chair, Artlink Inc. and Artist/Owner, NONY Design Company
When: Thursday, November 17, 4 – 6 pm
– Check-in begins at 3:30 pm
– Happy hour reception begins at 6 pm
Where: FOUND:RE Phoenix Hotel | 1100 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Parking: Complimentary valet parking is available on-site.